Thursday, October 17, 2013

Space Transformation


During the research process, I found some interesting points which I can work on.  Finally I choose to focus on transforming the space under bridge. I think this topic is not just for the Loft District but for whole Philly. There are so many viaducts in Philly and so much negative space under those bridges.

Strategys

a.     Bring in new function
There are so much space there under the bridges, we can transform that into semi-open commercial space, or space for community activities and so go. London even change the railway arches into modern loft apartments. There are so many possibilities for the space.
    

b. New facilities for the streets go under the bridge. For now I just came up this the idea of add some interesting lighting project or change the floor material, but I think this is my most potential idea. 


lighting

C. In the long run, if Pilly’s ‘High Line Park’ really happens, the under space should be used more as the connection between the park and the ground. For the connection, many ways could work not just stairs. Maybe I can do some thing about the connection part.


These are my rough ideas about campaign, I will do more research and finally focus on one of them or choose a special site and combine them together.

No comments:

Post a Comment